Thursday, December 29, 2011

Identifying Woodland Plants

I've been working on identifying several mosses and woodland plants.
It is a time-consuming venture.
Today I identified one of my plants as Maidenhair Spleenwort. Now I will gather more and try it in a terrarium. If all goes well, I'll start listing.
Another plant that is a challenge is this small plant that resembles an air plant. I have never seen anything like it. There is one in my front garden that popped up a few years ago. It would be perfect in a terrarium because it never grows or sets seed. Just stays the same, year in and year out. I may go out and dig it up today and see how it does in one of my terrariums.
Waiting for the mail lady. Lots of packages to go out today! I scheduled the pickup and now I'm beginning to regret that. Yesterday, she was 2 hours early. With my luck, she'll be 2 hours late today. I can't leave the packages out on the porch because she refuses to get out of the jeep. She just sits there like an idiot blowing her horn.
Well, enough venting about the mail, I'll get back to my research!

No comments:

Post a Comment