Thursday, January 5, 2012

Frozen Moss

It was 12 degrees here yesterday morning but by 2 in the afternoon, the temp was around 25 degrees and I was stir-crazy so I left the house to hunt for teeny cushion moss. All of a sudden, these things are HOT, HOT! I've started selling to people building fairy gardens and they are loving those little buggers!
After about 10 minutes in the woods, I learned the value of carrying a pocket knife. Those mosses were frozen solid in the ground. Back to the house I went and got the knife. That worked like a charm! In fact, they looked better than usual when I arrived home and they were thawed out. So off I go today to get some more with my knife in hand and lots of little zippy bags. Look for a bunch to be listed on all sites this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment