Saturday, August 6, 2011

Rain!

It's raining! It's a nice soft rain which the ground is soaking up like a sponge. The mountains are covered with a light fog. What a beautiful surprise! It will be so much easier finding the pixie cups now. The last time I hiked up to hunt them, they were so hard to find. With the drought, they dry up and look like little dots. They will perk up now and be so much easier to locate!
I have been researching Paludariums. I have a very large aquarium and I've decided I will build my first one in there. For those of you who don't know, paludariums are a combination aquarium and terrarium. On one side I will put plants and on the other I will put water. I want a small waterfall running down through the plant area to the water side. I will use one of my pumps. I can put fish on the aquarium side and perhaps a frog on the plant side. I want to use mossy rocks along with other plants. I will start planning it out.
Well, off to get ready to hike in the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment